New York Disability Benefits / Paid Family Leave
Arch Insurance offers New York employers short-term disability benefits that meet the requirements mandated by the state.
New York Disability
The State of New York mandates that all employers provide their employees with short-term disability benefits in the event that an employee becomes disabled due to a non-occupational injury or illness. This may include such examples as an employee breaking a leg during a ski vacation or an employee giving birth.
Using the state mandates as a baseline, Arch Insurance offers enhanced disability plans to New York employers:
- Shortened elimination periods.
- Increased percentages of covered weekly benefits.
- Increased weekly dollar maximum.
- Increased overall covered weekly durations.
NY DBL Rates: 1 – 49 – Filed Rates
|Bill Mode||Male Rate||Female Rate|
|Quarterly in Arrears||$ 1.98*||$ 4.48*|
|Annual in Advance||$19.70||$44.50|
*monthly rate per employee billed quarterly in arrears
$80 Minimum Annual Premium
New York Paid Family Leave
New York’s Paid Family Leave program provides job-protected, wage replacement to employees when time is needed to bond with a child, care for a close relative with a serious health condition, or help relieve family pressures when someone is called to active military service.
NY PFL/DBL Product Sheet
Arch Insurance Group has built products out for Paid Family Leave and Disability Benefits Law specifically for New York employers. Learn more about these products here.
Employees in Multiple States
Get our State Disability & Paid Family Leave Reference Guide, which provides state-by-state guidance on PFML plans.Learn more
- Information for Employers
- New York State PFL Waiver Form, for employees who wish to opt out.
- Complete your Annual Audit (Annual Policies Only)
- Arch PFL Letter to Policyholders
- Payment Options
- New York Disability Application
- Application for voluntary coverage (DB-135 for non-contributory groups)
- Application for voluntary coverage (DB-136 for contributory groups)
- DB-271S Statement of Rights
- PFL-271S Statement of Rights
- Helpful Hints Regarding Claims
- Helpful Hints Regarding Policy and Premium
Get A Quote
Get a quote from Arch Insurance's Accident and Health division for coverage relating to accident, disability and travel insurance products.Go to the Get a Quote page