New York Disability Benefits / Paid Family Leave
Arch Insurance offers New York employers short-term disability benefits that meet the requirements mandated by the state.
New York Disability
The State of New York mandates that all employers provide their employees with short-term disability benefits in the event that an employee becomes disabled due to a non-occupational injury or illness. This may include such examples as an employee breaking a leg during a ski vacation or an employee giving birth.
Using the state mandates as a baseline, Arch Insurance offers enhanced disability plans to New York employers:
- Shortened elimination periods.
- Increased percentages of covered weekly benefits.
- Increased weekly dollar maximum.
- Increased overall covered weekly durations.
NY DBL Rates: 1 – 49 – Filed Rates
|Quarterly in Arrears||$ 1.98*||$ 4.48*|
|Annual in Advance||$19.70||$44.50|
*monthly rate per employee billed quarterly in arrears
$80 Minimum Annual Premium
New York Paid Family Leave
New York’s Paid Family Leave program provides job-protected, wage replacement to employees when time is needed to bond with a child, care for a close relative with a serious health condition, or help relieve family pressures when someone is called to active military service.
Employees in Multiple States
Get our State Disability & Paid Family Leave Reference Guide, which provides state-by-state guidance on PFML plans.Learn more
- Information for Employers
- New York State PFL Waiver Form, for employees who wish to opt out.
- Complete your Annual Audit (Annual Policies Only)
- Arch PFL Letter to Policyholders
- Payment Options
- New York Disability Application
- Application for voluntary coverage (DB-135 for non-contributory groups)
- Application for voluntary coverage (DB-136 for contributory groups)
- DB-271S Statement of Rights
- PFL-271S Statement of Rights
- Helpful Hints Regarding Claims
- Helpful Hints Regarding Policy and Premium
Get A Quote
Get a quote from Arch Insurance's Accident and Health division for coverage relating to accident, disability and travel insurance products.Go to the Get a Quote page